A guide to eating out in Broadbeach
17 November 2020
Known as the mecca of culinary options on the Gold Coast, let your taste buds guide you through our top picks to eating out in Broadbeach and help make your next reservation. From the best coffee, award winning chef hatted venues and extensive wine lists from around the world, dine out for breakfast to late-night bites, that locals love.
1. No Name Lane This Melbourne-Style café is where you will find coffee lovers early in the morning, soaking up its chic fit-out and adored brew. Recently expanding to include a kitchen that now serves up breakfast options such as porridge topped with locally produced fruits and honey and freshly baked pastries.Not just a 6am pitstop, the kitchen produces fresh salads or pan roasted salmon for a healthy lunch option or mix-up your caffeine hit with $10 Espresso Martinis after lunch, every-day. Find them down the alley off Elizabeth Street or find inspiration on their Instagram.
2. Cardamon Pod Looking for the best in plant-based dining? Cardamon Pod is not only known for its vegetarian and vegan friendly menu but is one of the most photographed breakfasts on the Gold Coast, mostly due to the bright coloured ingredients featured throughout the menu.Favoured for breakfast, enjoy breakfast by the park or stop in on a hot day and treat yourself to one of the Mlyk Bar sundae’s.
3. Hideaway Kitchen & Bar Hidden in plain sight, don’t let the outside of this Asian fusion fool you. Walk through the wooden clad entrance with swings surrounding the bar to the outside dining lined with upside down umbrellas, hanging lights and an authentic street-food atmosphere, often teamed with local live music. Perfect for groups, the menu is designed with sharing in mind with the banquet a favourite when you can’t decide. Located on the Gold Coast Highway, settle in for your next long lunch.
4. Social Eating House Famously known as a celebrity hot spot, the team at Social Eating House describe the mood as casual fine dining, where you can stop for a crisp white wine and seafood after a day at the beach or perfect to celebrate a special occasion at night. Awarded people’s choice ‘Chef of the Year’ award three years running, you will not be disappointed with the menu that features Mooloolaba King Prawns, seared scallops and fresh market fish daily. Not a fan of seafood? The 12-hour slow cooked lamb shoulder or Wagyu Rump Cap are equally as popular.
Opening in late 2019, sister restaurant Orzo located just across the street, serves up authentic Italian dishes and since COVID-19 the team have launched a catering extension, Gypsy Social which is perfect for hosting at home. Located at Oracle, Broadbeach, visit their website here.
5. Miss Money Penny’s A favourite amongst locals for its atmosphere, Miss MoneyPenny’s made its name at the original location on Hastings Street, Noosa, before opening in Broadbeach in 2019. A great venue for lunch or dinner, the menu changes from cheap eats such as wood fire pizzas to more five-star options like Lobster Linguine and an unexpected favourite, fish pie. A bottomless Sunday lunch, private dining room for events and furry friends welcomed on the deck, Miss MoneyPenny’s has something for everyone.
6. Kiyomi The closest answer on the Gold Coast to the world famous Nobu, Kiyomi brings not only a five-star menu that boasts flavours of Tokyo but is the perfect venue when you want to get dressed-up and have a night out.
The recipient of over ten industry awards, the menu is a sashimi-lovers dream and is teamed with an inspired cocktail menu to accompany. With set seating times, reservations are a must for this Star Casino dining favourite.